Happy New Year, dear brides and grooms!
We hope you have all had a well-deserved end of year break and spent lots of quality time with your friends and family, enjoyed a glass (or two!) of mulled wine and mince pies, while looking back over what’s been good in 2016 and making new plans for 2017. We certainly have, here at Cat Beardsley Photography and we are looking forward to our 2017 weddings and projects!
Winter is the season when nature takes its rest, it stands still for a little while, building up energy for the year to come. After autumn has shed its leaves, leaving behind all that needed to go, winter brings with it the peace needed so much for the recovery; springtime will need a lot of energy to get the ball rolling again! We are very much part of nature, we can influence it and it can influence us, we’re all one in the end. We can follow the same seasonal cycle if we feel it would be beneficial to us: start slowing down in autumn, finishing off our projects, then using winter to take a look back at what we have achieved, taking plenty of rest, and setting our intentions for what is to come. I really love winter for this purpose (well, on top of the superb quality of light for photography that comes with it)!
If you have recently decided to get married, you could use this winter time to attend a couple of your local wedding fayres and get inspired; find out what photographers, florists, makeup artists, etc have got to offer, browse their portfolios and see what exactly ticks the boxes in Your Heart. No need to be overwhelmed with the choice, not everything is a “must” for a wedding day, you will find out soon enough what matters more to you and you would really, really like to have on your wedding day.
If you are looking for a wedding photographer, have followed us for a while or just landed on this page, please have a look at our Portfolio and if you like what you see, I encourage you to attend one of these wedding fayres and come to say “Hi!”. Come and tell me more about your day, the way you see it.
For 2017 we have decided to exhibit at quite a few Herefordshire wedding fayres, one Gloucestershire wedding fayre and one Worcestershire wedding fayre, as below:
- Jan 15 –> Hereford Shirehall, 11am-3pm, The Hereford Vintage Wedding Fayre
- Feb 5 –> How Caple Court, 11am-3pm, The How Caple Court Wedding Fayre (by DIVA Wedding Fayres)
- Feb 19 –> The Abbey Hotel, Malvern, 11am-3pm, The Abbey Hotel Malvern Wedding Fayre (by DIVA Wedding Fayres)
- Feb 26 –> Burgoynes Marquees Lyonshall, 10am-4pm, Burgoynes Wedding Fayre 2017
- Mar 5 –> Blackfriars Gloucester, 11am-3pm, The Gloucester Vintage Wedding Fayre
- Mar 12 –> Three Counties Hotel Hereford, 11am-3pm, The BIG Hereford Wedding Show (by DIVA Wedding Fayres)
- Mar 19 –> Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, 11am-3pm, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery Wedding Showcase (by DIVA Wedding Fayres)
We hope to see you there! Please do not hesitate to send this to a friend that you know is looking for a wedding photographer this spring.